Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kudos for UPA website

So, I know the UPA gets bashed a lot for whatever reasons, doesn't cater to the players, blah, blah, blah. However, I wanted to give them some props, or at least the website. I was in Tampa for business (I'm down there pretty often), and figured I would try and find some pickup. I remembered an rsd thread sometime ago where somebody was looking for pickup in Tampa. So I started with a google search, 'tampa pickup ultimate' and the 2nd link was for the upa webpage. Interested in what the site said, I clicked on over, and was impressed with the breadth and depth of the information they had for pickup. There were 3 different Tampa sites listed, complete with details, days and times, and email contacts. I found one right next to where I was staying/working, emailed the guy to verify it was still on (and what level of pickup it was, not wanting to get stuck in low level co-ed). He responded back that it was definitely on, two fields worth, one of cheesy coed, and another competitive field against the college guys (I think). So I'm off to the fields in a couple of hours. The next blog entry will talk about the results...

1 Comments:

Blogger Seigs said...

The next blog entry will talk about the results...

Pickup results?!

I think I'll twist and turn for hours on end attemptng to sleep tonight due to an insatiable anticipation.

8:27 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home