Thursday, January 24, 2008

The cleanse, Day 5

Before the diet, I purchased my first real scale from Costco, some Weight Watchers digital scale, pretty sweet looking actually. I figured that while the weight loss was incidental to the diet, I was very interested to see how much weight I would lose. Well, I have lost 10 pounds so far as of this morning, or 4 days in. And the loss has been pretty steady, although I expect it to taper before the end.

I've been working at home all week, and haven't really left the house much except for a quick trip to the store and the library. So I have been wearing sweats and haven't tried on any of my regular pants to see how they fit. I started at 184 pounds, and am now down to 174 with 3 days left. Wednesday morning was the first time I felt a little sketchy when I woke up. Once I had gotten the kids to school I started to feel better, and 2 hours in I felt fine (or normal for the diet).

Possible justifications for that is that as the 'plaque' is sloughed off of your intestines, pockets of toxins can be released that flood you in the short term and can cause effects like that. Whether that was the real cause or something a little straightforward or physically nefarious, who can tell. But it makes for good press.

I've been doing a sauna every night to help with the toxin flushing (I have an infrared sauna in my basement) and that definitely helps eliminate the excess water that I have been drinking a lot of during the day. A nurse that I know expressed concern about my electrolyte level, but I figure with all of the pills and capsules I'm taking, I have that covered. Hopefully no hyperhydration here. Normally I'm not supposed to eat until Sunday morning, but with Goaltimate at 10AM that morning, I'm going to have to eat something Saturday night AND Sunday morning or else I will be a puddle of jelly on the field with zero energy reserves. So I'm starting to plan that dinner although I will have the kids so that will make anything in excess somewhat difficult. I'm thinking Pad Thai or something along those lines.

The stuff cost $78 including shipping (down from $121 MSRP love the internet) and I have probably saved food money this week, although it might be close. Yesterday night I felt a little weak also, although my barbells came in yesterday. I won't start any of that until after the diet, seeing that I have had zero protein this week. Doing my 'stuff' at the UCPC will be interesting. Look for the guy with the backpack carrying all the pill bottles, apple juice, etc...

I'm also going to be on a panel at the UCPC, talking about 'Professionalism in Ultimate' It should be interesting, although they moved us off of the 5-6PM slot where we had no competition to the slot before lunch. With all of the other presos going on, it will be interesting to see how many people we get to stop by.

Wouldn't that be cool if I actually dropped to 170 by the end? I bet if I didn't have dinner Saturday night, I would be 170 by the morning. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seigs said...

"Oh yeah. Pad Thai Saturday night was sweet! Although I did feel nauseous for about an hour after dinner. It gave me enough energy to play Goalty the next morning through. Otherwise I would have been luggage. Now watching all the weight slowly trickle back."

From one "big name" to another, lemme take the opportunity to inform you that there is a big difference between "playing Goaltimate" and not going 0-4.

Just saying...

3:21 PM, January 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home