Saturday, August 09, 2008

WUGC 2008 - Day 6 - Part I

Mellow night last night. Had my last beer of two at 5PM. This morning we played the New Zealand team in the semis.

Alright, we won. Woohoo! Despite my best efforts. Although I blame Jim for the 'dropped' long backhand on the 3rd or 4th point of the game. Same point, a hammer turnover to Will, who I couldn't connect with all weekend. Later, a LONG hammer to Husak after I pointed him to cut there. Finally a forehand to Paul Greff that I flared too much. Oh well. I benched myself for a few points, but then Marshall pulled up lame, so I had to play out.

At 14-13, game to 15, receiving, we then proceeded to turn it over 3 times. First was a hero goal throw from Paul to Simon that was too short. Followed by a hero long backhand from Dugan to Moonee, followed by a turnover just outside our endzone that Moonee picked up to fast break to me and he was kicked blocked on a backhand. They called timeout and we set up a forehand defense. Dugan was on the mark, and after I explained that if he turned to face the sideline, take away the dump. He did, and they turned over the dump and gained us another 10 yards upfield. A few passes later, I had the disc and looked off two turnovers, one a hammer goal to Jim (that he said he would have dove into the hot tub after catching, oh well) and a dump to Paul Greff that Moonee's guy poached off on at high count. I hit Steve going upfield all alone instead, and he hit Simon for the game winner. Boy, did I want to make that throw...

More when I'm actually in front of a screen again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

YOU
ESS
EH!!!!

1:12 AM, August 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home